To set the scene: Momma has just banned Hebs and Em from eating plain bread, having found an entire loaf's worth of crusts (with a goodly amount of actual bread still attached) in the garbage.
Hebs: You're not being a nice mother!
Momma: Yup, I'm not.
Hebs: I don't want you for my mom anymore. I'm going to find another mom!
Momma: Okay, go find another mom. Bye!
Hebs: (starting to cry) You won't be my mom anymore?
Momma: (going to hug him) Of course I'll be your momma forever!
Hebs: (sniffling) Will I always be your boy?
Momma: Hebs, you will always be my boy. (Big hug)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I remember going through this same type of thing with Jenafer except that she decided that she would go live with Grandma. I had a hard time convincing her that, although Grandma loved her very much, she didn't want or need a little girl living with her.
ReplyDeleteThat was very much on my mind during my conversation with Hebs. I wonder what he'll do when you are right next door? He's decided I'm okay as a mom for now, though. (Now, if Yummy would learn not to hit...)
ReplyDeleteHa ha.
ReplyDelete