We went from living on a tenth of an acre in Spanish Fork to living on a half-acre here in Lindon. A half-acre isn't very big for a lot of people (I have friends on 10 acres, five acres, 400 acres), but for us it is HUGE. The lot is vast, and the possibilities endless.
(The money for those possibilities? Less than vast and endless. But such is life.)
We know we want garden boxes for square-foot-gardening. We want some grass. We want a place to park extra cars when family comes to visit. We want fruit trees. We want flowers. We even probably want chickens. (I go back and forth on this. Chickens! So very domestic, so very provident-living-ish. So very needy, and sometimes noisy, and I haven't the first idea what to do with chickens!)
I've been playing around with Illustrator the last couple of days, trying to get an idea of what our "dream" backyard would look like. My drawings are totally amateur (and, by the way, that word amateur? Is impossible for me to spell), but it's been a good exercise. My next step will be to take the tape measure and spray paint and start marking out areas in the dirt, because I don't have a good grasp on dimensions.
Who knows what it will ultimately look like, but we're having fun. :)






That looks very fun! I love your porch with the ceiling fan!
ReplyDelete