Quick, think of a stereotypical pregnant woman food craving.
Did you think of pickles? I did. (Pickles and ice cream, to be exact. Though I've never craved them together, I have craved them individually.)
Now, onto a seemingly irrelevant subject: "Can Pickle Juice Stop Muscle Cramps?" A study done at my very own BYU has found evidence that, yes, plain old pickle juice may relieve muscle cramps. (Why? They don't yet know.)
How this is relevant: In case I was too busy to remember, my body is reminding me that I am in the last trimester of pregnancy. (8 weeks to go, give or take.) (Take, definitely take.) I'll spare you most of the unpleasant details, but one symptom has been disturbing my already uncomfortable nights: leg cramps and restless leg syndrome. The last three nights have been particularly bad.
And I have been craving pickles lately.
Coincidence? Pshaw! It must be because my body knows it needs the pickle juice to help my legs settle down at night! A craving vindicated!
Isn't science grand?
Now, if I could only find a study about pregnancy-related heartburn being countered by P.F.Chang's spicy honey shrimp, or even breadtwists and alfredo sauce from Pizza Factory...
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment