Thursday, July 28, 2011

Forced Housecleaning

Continuing the Tales of Master Hebs:

Tuesday was the day he scribbled black Sharpie all over the countertops.  That day he also smeared cream cheese all over the counter (while I was taking care of a crying child) and squeezed out most of a tube of toothpaste into the downstairs bathroom sink (while I was feeding Yum Yum).

Yesterday he wasn't too mischievous.  This was a very good thing, because I wrenched my back during the day and could barely move for about 4 hours.  (Being flat on your back doesn't lend itself well to managing a toddler terror.  I couldn't bend over without searing pain until sometime this morning.)

Today Hebs is back in fine fettle.  Sometime this morning, most likely while I was feeding Yum Yum, he retrieved a bottle of syrup, and proceeded to empty it ALL OVER the dining room floor.  And not all in one puddle, either.

It's a good thing I was on the phone with my sister when I discovered it, as I couldn't let loose the primal scream of frustration that bubbled up inside.  Instead, I (mostly) calmly grabbed a roll of paper towels, the 409, and scrubbed the heck out of that floor.

It's fairly shiny right now.  So is the downstairs sink, and the countertops.  And the kitchen floor where people tracked the syrup around.  At least I'm accomplishing something, following my Hurricane Hebs around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.