Thursday, December 8, 2011
Non-standard Gingerbread Man
Today is shaping up to be a semi-difficult day (Stubborn child? Check! Call from school? Check! Lunchtime detention? Check! Exasperated mother? Check!), so let's have a little moment of levity before we plunge once more, dear friends, into the fray.
While I was at the school dealing with the above mentioned situation, Gee's preschool teacher stopped me in the hall. "Come down to class when you are done here," she whispered. "I have a funny story to tell you."
In desperate need of something humorous, I duly stopped by. As I arrived, Miss E. was carefully taking m&m decorated gingerbread men off a cookie sheet. She waved me over.
"This one is Gee's," she said, pointing to a fairly unexceptional gingerbread man. "While he was decorating it, he--" she paused to stifle laughter. "He put a candy right here,"--pointing between the poor defenseless cookie's legs--"and said, 'And here is his [anatomically correct word for the body part found there].' We just about died laughing!"
The classroom assistant, Grandma B., chimed in. "We convinced him that we didn't need that one there, and moved the candy to a different place. But you can still see the indentation!"
And, sure enough, you can.
Good to know that my discussion of body parts (preparatory to the catheter regime we are about to start) has sunk in. Now, to teach him a little discretion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hilarious! I love your boy! And I love parents who teach their kids the right names and to not be ashamed of their bodies, but there are situations like this to tackle along the way....or laugh at uproariously ....or both. :)
ReplyDelete