Today is Gee's first day of kindergarten. (Not. Possible.)
For obvious reasons, and some not so obvious reasons, I'm more anxious about Gee starting school then the other kids. I've tried very hard to hide this from him, because he's been a little apprehensive himself. When we went to the assembly at open house, he refused to go into the gym. "There's too many people! I don't want that many people in my class!" And last night, he was holding his midsection. After some gentle questioning, he admitted to having a little tummy-ache. We talked about how it was okay to be nervous before the first day of school. But I think his excitement was greater than his nerves, because this morning he was raring to go.
He loves his backpack. ("It has four dragons and a castle and a dragon warrior and a horse!")
They really aren't going to walk all the way to school, but the big kids wanted a picture of them walking.
Gee and his kindergarten shadow.
Many, MANY eager helpers (I finally banished them to their own classrooms.)
(Sniff!)


Great shots! I got a little choked up myself!
ReplyDeleteIs it strange to think that the pictures will be at a different stop next year?
ReplyDeleteAre you still in a hole, Keryn? Need help? I think I might hop on a passing plane...
Thanks, Eva--I can't believe how big he's getting.
ReplyDeleteOh, LaDale, that you could...I miss you so much!