Monday, April 29, 2013

Yummy, asleep

My two-year-old Yummy has eschewed formal naps for the last nine months.  If I tried to put her down for a nap in the afternoon, she would a) scream like a banshee until she threw up, or b) scream like a banshee until she fell asleep, and then wake up like a little demon and stay up until 10:30 pm.  After several months of this,  I gave up.

This doesn't mean she doesn't take naps.  They are just naps on her own terms, and they happen about twice/three times a week.  For example, if we get into the car for any length of time in the afternoon, she's asleep.  Sometimes she'll curl up on my bed and take a brief nap.  But more often, I will find her in odd places, sleeping, around five in the evening.  (Last night she fell asleep on the bottom shelf of the coffee table.  Didn't get a picture, sadly.)

(Of course, ninety percent of the time she still wakes up a little demon.  I'm told I was the same until...well, adulthood.  What can I say? She comes by it naturally.)

Here she is, asleep in the rolling chair, last October.

This was sometime last summer.  The book, in case you were wondering, is "Victims", by Richard E. Turley. It's about the Mark Hofmann forgeries.  Light reading.

And this is from the other day.  My favorite touch, besides the pretty pretty princess dress?  The remote control in her hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.