Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It's Shiny. Very, Very Shiny

Christmas came early this year for me. Yesterday, to be exact. Behold, my new toy:My prrrrecioussss iPod Touch

An iPod Touch is basically an iPhone with three differences: No cell phone, no GPS, and no camera. The lack of a cell phone is a feature, not a bug, to me--I don't make enough cell phone calls to justify the outrageously high monthly fee and two-year contract. It's a little sad that I can't access the internet unless I'm near a wi-fi hotspot, but not that tragic. No GPS--well, whatever. Might have been fun, but not necessary. I do regret the camera, though. That would have been really really fun. Oh, well.

But the things it has! 32 GB--that means I can have tons and tons of podcasts, songs, pictures. My gmail. My google calendar. Internet access wherever there is wi-fi. A really cool application that has my ward directory and ward calendar (I used it three times today!). Silly little things like the weather, a calculator, a notepad. And really ridiculous unnecessary things like a clock with timers and alarms and even other time zones (like Jerusalem), or voice memos, or stock quotes.

I'm quite enamored of my new toy. So are my children, but I'm trying to hold them off until I can get a protective skin around it. And until some of the newness wears off!

3 comments:

  1. The Clock with timers comes in handy when traveling. I used mine every day while we were in temp housing. The harp sound is divine if you don't sleep to heavy and you don't hear it. If that is the case the barking dog will work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zee loves to play with the timers and alarms. I think we have heard every possible alarm tone multiple times...they are really fun! (Especially if you are five.)

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.