Last night during President Obama's address to the nation about the health care bill, Rep. Joe Wilson (R., S.C.) called out "You lie!" to the president.
It was COMPLETELY inappropriate. Way out of line. Immature, juvenile, and lame. I'm glad he apologized.
I really hoped that when the Republicans were out of power that we wouldn't resort to rude, boorish behavior and name-calling. I suppose I was naive.
But as inappropriate as his action was, I'm not getting TOO terribly fussed about it. And anyone who gets fussed about it should have been fussed about the 2005 State of the Union address in which congressional Democrats booed President Bush.
Just saying.
(Hat tip to the incomparable Instapundit, who has much more and much better things to say on the subject.)
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree. They also just laughed when some threw a shoe at President Bush. I bet they'd act differently if that happened to Obama.
ReplyDeletehttp://theprovidentwoman.com