My ever-helpful younger brother Samuel has asked me if the elephant picture means I'm feeling big as an elephant. No, Samuel, I am not. During the first half of pregnancy, I lose weight because of the nausea. For this pregnancy, I am down 13 pounds so far. (With Hebs, I don't believe I gained more than 5 lbs total. And, yes, it was a perfectly healthy pregnancy.)
(TMI: Pregnancy is the only time that you can pause in the middle of a meal, vomit, and then return to your meal and finish it. Unless you have an eating disorder, I guess.)
I actually like the song "Love at Home", but it is undeniably sappy. "Sweeter sings the brooklet by/Brighter beams the azure sky"? Treacly. But my favorite line is "Roses bloom beneath our feet." Don't you think that would hurt?
My children--all four--love to sing in church. Zee tries to read the words, but gets so caught up in the reading that he forgets to listen to the rhythm and ends up a half a beat behind (or ahead) of everyone else. It's completely adorable. Em loves it when you whisper the words in her ear ahead of time. She actually has a pretty good ear for tune. Gee just sings whatever words he feels like. And Hebs--well, you can't actually call it singing, but more like joyful hollering.
We are not the quietest pew in the chapel.
I have my first OB appointment on Wednesday; nothing exciting, only bloodwork and paperwork. But next Monday I have my first official appointment, and apparently they will do a quick ultrasound to check dates. (My doctor combined with another practice since my last pregnancy, so this will be the first time I've had an early ultrasound.) I'll be 15.5 weeks, think I can convince them to look for a healthy spine? Sex of the baby?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment