Friday, March 5, 2010

Movers and Shakers

There's not much about pregnancy that I love, much less like.  Yes, it's nice to have the excuse to eat just about anything I want (especially since, here at week 18-19?, I'm still at ten pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight), but the constant nausea and heartburn kinda puts a damper on that particular fun.  It's glorious to know that we're going to have another baby, but I hate pregnancy, and just about everything involved with it.  Except one thing.

Feeling the baby move.

I remember the first time I knew I was feeling Zee move, and not just imagining it (or mistaking gas for baby movement).  It was at the ultrasound, and I felt it as the image of the baby kicked out those wee little skeleton legs.  I cherished every movement, even when he sat on a nerve.  It made the pregnancy feel real, made the baby feel real.

I've felt that way with each of my pregnancies--when the baby starts to really move, then it starts to be an exciting event, not quite as much a burden.  Gee's movements were especially precious to me, because he was so extremely active, and we didn't know what the future held for his mobility.  (I remember, even while feeling black-and-blue inside, loving every kick.)

All of this is to say:  Ralphette is moving nowadays.  I felt her move very early on (14-15 weeks), but only late at night, when I would shift from one side to the other, and she would readjust.  But now I'm starting to feel her move more often.

And it is such a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.