(We're not allowed to use the word "stupid" in our house, but this is my Grown-Up Blog, so I can do whatever I want.)
Overhead car lights that can be easily clicked on by a five-year-old finger...and then left on until the car battery dies.
Not realizing the deadness of the car battery until one minute before kindergarten starts. On a snowy, rainy day.
Walking over to the car parts store in the rain with all four children in tow to buy a car battery charger. The young lady manning the car parts store doesn't seem to know anything about car parts, or, indeed, to communicate in more than monosyllables.
(Changing the subject from car batteries) Shopping for men's dress shirts. First of all, yikes on the prices. Of course, if you want quality, you have to pay for it. But a good many more years will have to pass away before I spent $99.89 on ONE shirt. For him or for me. Good grief.
We've had some luck with Jos A. Banks' Clearance Center, where (if you are lucky), you can get regularly priced $79 shirts for $29, or even sometimes $23. (These shirts are REALLY nice.) But if you are looking for typical sizes, these finds are few and far between in the clearance center, and I have never, in more than two years of looking, found a plain white shirt. Which is what I am looking for right now.
And we have specific requirements for a white shirt, none of which seem to be popular right now in the JCPenney/Sears type stores. So the hunt continues. If you have any good suggestions, let me know! Especially if they carry 100% cotton twill no-wrinkle white spread collar dress shirts in a 17 neck and 36 sleeve.
Not to be overly-specific, or anything.
And now for one non-stupid thing: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MEMA. I love you tons.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We actually found four white long sleeved shirts at a yard sale two weeks ago for a dollar a shirt!
ReplyDeleteScore!!!!
So Sorry about the car....and in the snow, with four kids in tow and prego.......I ached just reading this.
ReplyDelete....and the shirts. I have some hanging in my closet exactly that size....coincidence...I think not:)
Have you tried Kohl's? I found some online, but I'm not sure if they are exactly what you are looking for. They are priced at $33 online, but they always have sales like get $10 in Kohl's cash for every $50 you spend and I get coupons from them quite often for 15% off or $10 off your $20 or more purchase.
ReplyDeleteWe actually like the white shirts sold at local LDS Distribution. They carry long sleeve sizes (36/37) and plenty of neck sizes too. Price is about $20?
ReplyDeleteI don't think I know what spread collar means. But landsend.com lets you choose a collar type in your search, apparently. I'm on their email list so I'm always getting free shipping codes...let me know if you're interested.
ReplyDeleteKeryn, You are such a talented writer. I love reading your blog. Also, what the hey? You could have called me and I could have driven you to the car parts store!! And finally, I buy shirts at Walmart. I'm cheap.
ReplyDeleteCynthia