Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Outside

I got very amused this afternoon by people driving by my house.  I was sitting in the shade of my lollipop tree, by the fence, and although I had a perfect view of the entire yard, I was pretty hidden.  Hebs and Gee were in the dirt pile near the shed, not visible from the road.  And Yum Yum was toddling around on the sidewalk and grass, happy as a clam.  And, apparently, completely alone, judging from all the cars slowing down to look at her.  Hopefully no one will call CPCS on me.

Gee and Hebs picked some of my alyssum and started up a "Flower Shop" by the fence.  This was great fun for quite a long time, at least until Gee decided to take the flowers for a walk in the play stroller.  Hebs objected, there were tears, and that finished up our time outside.

When I picked the older two kids up from school today, I put up my science fair posters.  Parent-teacher conferences are tomorrow, and I wanted the science fair to be on people's minds.  (My posters were pretty basic, because I don't have fancy cut-outs or vinyl or what-have-you.  I did have glitter glue, though, so they are shiny posters at least.)  The posters read:  Hypothesis:  [School Name] Students make the BEST science fair projects!  Let's test our theory!  Kick-off:  Oct 14, Science Fair:  Mid January.

It was sort of bedlam-ish to try to wrangle my five kids in a sea of other kids, manage the tape, find good places to hang the posters, and not go crazy.  I bribed the kids with the promise of playing at the school playground once I was done.  This (mostly) worked, but there were a few minutes when I felt like my head was going to explode.

Once outside on the playground, things settled down and we had a good time.  Miss Yum Yum wandered around, picking up wood chips and setting them down on any surface her fat little hands could reach; the older kids played "Rocket Ship" on one of the play structures.  At one point, Yum Yum wanted to join her siblings so badly--she reached up as far as she could, on tiptoes, to try to climb the bumpy ramp that led to the "cockpit".  She is growing up so fast!

These are the things I want to remember.

1 comment:

  1. That would be amusing! Everyone is a detective on the lookout for moms to report to CPS.

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.