Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Planting Spring


I spent this afternoon in the garden.  (Or, at least, the garden boxes.)

I cleared out all the spring/summer flowers.  My potato vines went crazy this summer.  After a slow start, it grew and grew and grew until all you could see was potato vine.  We pruned it aggressively, and still it was massive.  Between my marvelous strawberries and the potato vine, all my other plants and flowers were choked out.  No big showy petunias for us this summer.

We've decided not to do potato vine again.  (Well, maybe in a pot, all by itself.  We'll see.)

Once all the annuals were gone (leaving the strawberries, mint, columbine, and geranium) (Are geraniums annual?  Perennial?  Who knows?), I planted bulbs.  I'm so excited--we'll have daffodils, tulips, and mountain bells in the spring.

Of course, it won't look anything like this picture, because I only planted 20 daffodils, 25 tulips, and fifty mountain bells.  And I planted them the garden boxes.  But it is a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.