Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ready, set...


Today as I was putting Hebs down for a nap, I said "Ready, set..." Usually I wait a moment and then say "Go!" as I swing him into the crib.

I didn't get a chance to finish the phrase today, because Hebs did it for me. "Goh!" he said, looking at me with that adorable glint in his eyes. See how big I am, Momma?

Surprised and excited, I said again, "Ready, set..."

"Goh!"

We played the game several times before he tired of it, and indicated his readiness for a nap by sucking his thumb.

Tonight I told Em to go say "Ready, set" to her baby brother. Obligingly, she trotted to the other room and did so. When Hebs said "Goh!", Em turned to me with the biggest smile.

"Mommy! He said a word!"

He really is growing up. He'll be one in just a few short weeks, which is mind-boggling. Today, Gee and Hebs were upstairs playing. And by playing, I don't mean sitting in the same room doing their own things. No, they were actually playing together, peek-a-boo and tickling and who knows what else. When I peeked in on them, Gee said, "Momma! I playing Hebs!" And Hebs had the most thrilled, enchanted expression on his face. You could almost read his mind: Look at my amazing big brother! He is playing with me!

********
Flu update: Zee went back to school (he missed it so much!). Em, Gee, and Hebs are all still running moderate fevers and have hacking coughs. Bradley is all better, but took the afternoon off because...

...I have fever and chills, cough, headache, and body ache. It's super lovely.

1 comment:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.