Or messy house, laid-back momma?
I've noticed that when I try to keep my house clean, I jump all over the kids every time they make a mess. Not just, "You need to clean that up," but I feel personally attacked by their messiness. And, like all kids, they aren't really eager to jump right in and clean it up, so then I feel even angrier and less-appreciated. Don't they know how hard I worked to clean that floor? Just ten minutes ago? Don't they want to live in a clean house?
There has to be a happy medium. A solution. Something.
To my beautiful friends who know of what I speak, yet still have clean homes, how do you do it? How do you keep your tempers and not take it personally when they act like kids?
I await your wisdom.
-------------------------
Advent Day 5: Because we are mortal like Adam and Eve, we can't live with Heavenly Father again without help. 2 Nephi 9:7-8, 10 "Wherefore, it must needs be an infinite atonement—save it should be an infinite atonement this corruption could not put on incorruption. Wherefore, the first judgment which came upon man must needs have remained to an endless duration. And if so, this flesh must have laid down to rot and to crumble to its mother earth, to rise no more.
8 O the wisdom of God, his mercy and grace! For behold, if the flesh should rise no more our spirits must become subject to that angel who fell from before the presence of the Eternal God, and became the devil, to rise no more.
10 O how great the goodness of our God, who prepareth a way for our escape from the grasp of this awful monster; yea, that monster, death and hell, which I call the death of the body, and also the death of the spirit."
Alma 34:9 "For it is expedient that an atonement should be made; for according to the great plan of the Eternal God there must be an atonement made, or else all mankind must unavoidably perish; yea, all are hardened; yea, all are fallen and are lost, and must perish except it be through the atonement which it is expedient should be made.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I anxiously await responses to this post! I was feeling some serious anxiety yesterday over the state of our living room and kitchen. Just having the winter gear of 5 people strewn about is enough to throw the place into shambles (let alone the sink full of dirty dishes, cereal laden floors, etc., etc.)!
ReplyDeleteAs a "recovering perfectionist" with 5 children, I only keep one room in my house spotless--my own bedroom. Then whenever the mess gets too much, I retreat there for a few minutes. My favorite poem goes something like this (sorry if I butcher it!): "Cobwebs lie still, dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby, for babies don't keep." :)
ReplyDeleteI hope that my child, looking back on today,
ReplyDeleteRemembers a mother who had time to play,
Children grow up while we're not looking,
They'll be years ahead for cooking and cleaning,
So cobwebs be quiet and dust go to sleep,
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.
Author unknown