Two years after we moved in, the roof leaked and the ceiling collapsed in the bathroom. What fun that was! Bradley patched the roof, cleaned the mess, and re-dry-walled the ceiling, but we never got around to repainting it. (You can see a little of this in the top right corner of the left picture below.)
After talking about painting for at least three years, I finally just did it.
(Nesting? Possibly. More probably I realized I have the entire Ross Family coming on the 24th of July for the family reunion, and I really hated the way the bathroom looked. But I should have done it two months ago. Bending down and up and getting over the baby gate I placed in the doorway would have been much easier were I not seven months' pregnant.)
I have never, ever painted walls before, not even helping someone else. But, I thought, it can't be that hard.
Well, it's not that hard. But it's darn tedious, and I hated nearly every part of the process. Cleaning, patching, sanding, taping, painting, cleaning the brushes, touching up, taking the tape down...all while taking care of the kiddos? So not a fan of painting.
I painted the trim and the cabinets and door bright white in semi-gloss, and the walls a celery green. I'm not sure I actually like the color (it's more yellow and brighter than I imagined), but I will not be repainting. Maybe in another five years.
And I actually do like the way it looks. A shiny new coat of paint, covering up the patches and the trouble spots, and just changing things, actually did wonders.



It looks good! I can't wait to see it in person!
ReplyDeleteIt looks great Keryn!
ReplyDeleteIt looks nice!
ReplyDeleteI have exactly six rooms in my home that are painted. Of them, I painted four almost completely by myself. Jeff helped with the fifth and the sixth, the theater room, Jeff paid someone to paint. I don't enjoy painting either. I'd do more of it if the kids weren't around but there you are. I'll probably paint my whole house when the kids finally leave, just like Mom.
ReplyDeleteLove the green it looks so relaxing!
ReplyDeleteIt looks inviting. (Should a bathroom look inviting?) I love how the green offsets the chimney and it looks larger. I think you did a really nice job, and from the pictures, it is a really nice color. Not intrusive at all. Great job, my friend.
ReplyDeleteThe room looks larger, not the chimney...
ReplyDelete