Monday, May 24, 2010

NO!

Hebs, at 18 months, is entering the terrible twos phase. This child is a study in contrasts, from talking early to walking late to being very very contrary very very early. His absolute favorite word is "NO!" Preferably said in the loudest, most definite tone available to 18-month-old vocal cords.

Because it really doesn't matter to me what he says (because, really, when I say "Are you ready for a nap?" his response doesn't make much a difference), it is more adorable than annoying. And sometimes it is endlessly amusing.

"Hebs, do you want a cracker?"
"NO!" (as he takes the cracker and consumes it.)

"Hebs, do you want a pony?"
"NO!"

"Hebs, do you want to go to Disneyland?"
"NO!"
(As Em perks up her eyes, "Momma, I want to go to Disneyland!")

"Hebs, do you want a super-late curfew when you're a teenager?"
"NO!"
(Did we get that one on tape?)

"Hebs, do you ever say anything but no?"
"NO!"
"Okay then."

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha! So cute! I loves Em's comment about Disneyland (:

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.