Tonight, as I was trying to get everyone ready for bed, Gee's stubbornness bumped into my exhaustion.
Me: "Time to put on your pajamas, Gee."
Gee: "No! Not pajamas!"
Me: "Yes, Gee. Now."
Gee: "No!"
Me: "Please?"
Gee: "No!"
Me: "Fine. I guess you're sleeping in your clothes tonight."
Two minutes later:
Gee: "Momma! Put my pajamas on!"
Me: "No. I gave you three chances. You're sleeping in your clothes tonight."
Gee: Much wailing and gnashing of teeth
Zee: "Don't cry, Gee! I'll help you!"
Gee, sniffling: "Okay."
And so he did. It was very funny to listen to, from my perch in the other room, taking care of the baby. The sweater vest and Sunday shirt gave them some trouble, as did the smallish neck hole of the pajama top. But they figured it out, giggling and laughing the whole time. It was a sweet moment on the last day of winter break.
Sunday, January 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment