Gee is a little confused about the car accident. For the first couple of days afterwards, he always referred to it as "a GIANT accident". Then, several days later, I was talking about the "car accident." Gee interrupted me.
Gee: "Not a CAR accident, Momma. It was a GIANT accident."
Momma: "Yes, Gee, a giant car accident."
Gee, getting agitated: "The car didn't do anything wrong, Momma!"
Momma: "Ummm..."
Gee: "It was a giant that broke our car!"
Momma: "Oooookay."
I tried to explain, but I'm not sure how much his four-year-old mind comprehended. Plus, I didn't try very hard. I didn't want him getting nervous about car accidents. (I have enough to deal with Em and Zee on that score.)
_____________________________
We are having a la Nina winter. Apparently this means we will have seventy tons of snow. So far, this seems to be true. I love a good snowstorm, and winter is a lovely time of year, but ENOUGH with the lingering snow banks. They make driving difficult, walking with a stroller all but impossible, parking hard, and complaining easy.
_____________________________
Maybe it's because of the accident, but I have a new appreciation of the dreadfulness of Utah I-15 drivers. Dude, guys, SLOW DOWN. And give me a break--I'm in the far right lane, I'm going the speed limit (which is 55 mph, hello!), go AROUND me if you are in that much of a hurry. As my friend said, "My kids' safety is more important than your need to speed." That goes TRIPLE for you semi- and dump truck drivers out there.
_____________________________
(That's a lot of capital letters in the previous paragraph. Perhaps I feel strongly about this subject.)
_____________________________
Personal record: Spending $160 on 13 items at Costco in less than 20 minutes. In, out, done! (Diapers, wipes, TP, paper towels, and a few other essentials like chocolate chip muffins and those little brownie bites.)
_____________________________
That is all. Be good, darlings!
Monday, January 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment