Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pause

I sit here in my warm house, watching my three youngest play and laugh. I can hear the faint sounds of glee outside; today is the first warm(ish) day in a long time. The sunshine and the mild air lured my two big kids outside with friends. They are crushing the remaining snow, practicing on the Christmas scooters, and playing hide-and-seek.

Yesterday our little ward experienced another tragedy--another baby died in a tragic accident. He was only seven months old. I just saw him and his family on Sunday. It's been just over three months since my friends' baby passed away.

There just aren't words.

And so I sit here, warm and safe and surrounded by love and life. There is sorrow. But there is also gratitude. I am grateful to heaven for my blessings, grateful for the faith the Gospel gives me. I am grateful for the knowledge of the Atonement and forever families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.