Monday, August 15, 2011

Songs

Today I rocked out to my "fun" playlist on my iPod whilst cleaning the downstairs bathroom.  It took me nearly two hours to scour, scrub, polish, and shine every surface in that little room.  (Two hours.  How embarrassing!)  The fact that it took two hours is important, however, because my "fun" playlist is only 34.5 minutes long.  So I listened to those songs four times each.

Now, I (obviously) enjoy my tunes.  But I need some new suggestions!  I'm not a country gal, nor am I a "let's sing about naughty things" type.  (Although now I wonder about #3 on my list below...)  What are your favorite work-out, clean-up, or dance-crazily songs?

My "fun" playlist
1.  "Firework" by Katy Perry
2.  "Too Late to Apologize" by TJ & The Revo (the Declaration of Independence version)
3.  "All that She Wants" by Ace of Base
4.  "Wunderkind" by Alanis Morissette
5.  "Walk Like an Egyptian" by The Bangles
6.  "The Ugly Bug Ball" by Burl Ives
7.  "Don't Stop Believin'" by Glee Cast
8.  "Kyrie" by Mr. Mister
9.  "America" by Neil Diamond

(Notes:
1.  I discovered "Firework" because of the awesome BYU Divine Comedy's "Firebolt" parody. (Link starts playing YouTube video.)
2.  My sister uses this song about the Declaration in her fifth grade class.  I love the music video, too.  (Link starts playing a SchoolTube video.)
3.  Well, apparently the baby she wants isn't a real baby, it's a one night stand.  I'm a little naive sometimes.
4.  From the movie "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe."
5.  Oh, freshman year memories!
6.  Don't judge.  I got this one for my kids, but I love it myself, too.
7.  I don't even watch Glee, but their version is my favorite.
8.  "Kyrie" is not a song about Julio Iglesias, but if you don't know what the words actually are, it sure sounds like his name.
9.  I feel like I should be about twenty years older than I am, having this song on my playlist.)

2 comments:

  1. A couple of new artists I've found that I really like: We Shot the Moon (Sway Your Head or Hope) and Switchfoot (Dare You To Move or This is Home).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dynamite by Taio Cruz
    Walkin' on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves
    I've Got a Feelin' by the Black Eyed Peas

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.