Tomorrow the two big kids head off to school. So tonight we had our Back to School Feast.
Our theme this year is "Time to Learn!" and we chose to use clocks to decorate the crowns and dining room. (Why, yes, I am re-using the decorations from the good-bye party last week, except I drew tiny clocks on the cardstock circles. Yes, they have been up all week. What can I say? I'm lazy AND thrifty!)
Each clock-crown showed the time that child starts school.
The place-markers had the child's initial, the theme and a special message inside.
Our school-papers baskets. Last year, we only had one basket for three children, and that was chaos. This year I've wised up.
This is the closest thing I could get to a decent picture of all four of them.
I don't know what Hebs is doing, but he's darn cute.
The feast: Spaghetti with marinara sauce (aka "spaghetti sauce") (and breaded chicken strips for the adults), red lobster rolls, pears, and apple juice or milk to drink.
Isn't she beautiful? And growing up way too fast.
Savoring his apple juice
Posing for the camera
Zee is off to second grade (with the teacher we wanted!), a veteran of all-day school. Em is thrilled to pieces over her new lunchbox, excited about all-day school (not with the teacher I first wanted, but we'll make do with what we've got!), and a little stressed out, given the temper she's had all day. Gee doesn't start his preschool class for another two weeks, and is a little sad about that. Hebs just wants to go somewhere, anywhere, please-momma-where's-my-shoes??? And Yum Yum just toddles around, grinning like the sweet, mischievous baby that she is.
And tomorrow starts the new school year. Hooray!

I covet your creative energy. And look at how resourceful you are!!!
ReplyDelete