Yesterday I took the kids to the Payson pool.
Remember the days of biking over the local junior high school (Brinley Junior High, in my case) and paying 75 cents to swim in the pool? Brinley's pool had a deep end with two diving boards and a "shallow" (three-four feet deep?) end of swim lanes. And we thought it was awesome.
Yeah. This is not your mother's pool.
Sky and Eff's favorite part was the really big slide structure. (To be honest, it was my favorite, too.)
Zee, Em, and Lala loved the lazy river (aka current pool) the most. (I liked it too, but since Lala wasn't tall enough to go in by herself, I was always carrying someone in. It was a good workout, I tell ya.)
Gee and Hebs were entranced by the huge bucket atop the children's slide structure. Every two or three minutes it would dump massive gallons of water everywhere. (I was under it twice when that happened--wow, that was a lot of forceful water coming down.)
Eff and Zee in the lazy river
Em and Lala in the shallow end
Sky in the lazy river (that kid is a fish!)
Gee and Hebs, chilling in the shallow end
I took the five big kids first, starting when Bradley got home at 3:30 (early out because of graduation). We played until six, and then drove home. Then I got the two little boys ready, and we went back. It took Hebs 25 minutes, at least, to get comfortable enough to actually get IN the water, and even longer to want to move around, but before eight he was having a ball. We stayed until 9pm, and then (even though the pool was open for another thirty minutes), teeth chattering and skin goose-bumpy, we packed it in.
It was exhausting.
And really fun.






No comments:
Post a Comment