Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Overheard in November

Zee likes to cover his bases while praying: Please bless me not to get sick in the next few weeks...or years.

*****************
Em, coming in from the playroom: Mom, Zee has ordered a cheesy sandwich.
Mom (not moving): That's nice.
Em, returning to the playroom: Zee, she said, "That's nice."
Zee: (something indistinct)
Em, back to me: Zee orders a baby orange, too.
Mom: That's nice, too.
A few minutes later, Zee comes in.
Zee: Mo-om, I ordered a cheesy sandwich and baby orange!
Mom: Zee, is this a resturant?
Zee: No.
Mom: A McDonalds?
Zee: No
Mom: Then you don't get to "order" things here.
Zee: Oh.

*****************
Zee: Em, I have a deal for you. If you come downstairs with me, I'll either let you watch Dora whenever you want, or I'll let you do whatever you want.
Em: Okay, I want to do whatever I want.
Zee: Yay! Let's go downstairs now.
Em: But I want to stay upstairs. You said I could do anything I want!

*****************
This one needs a little setup: Zee wanted his cousin Ty to play a video game for him. Ty was busy doing other things. Zee came upstairs to talk to the adults.

Zee: Aunt Kim? Aunt Kim?
Momma: Zee, Aunt Kim is talking to Grandma. What do you need?
Zee: I need to talk to Aunt Kim.
Momma: She's busy right now. I can help you. What is it?
Zee: But I need Aunt Kim!!
Momma: Why?
Zee: (Sighs) It's like this, Mom: You know how you're the boss of me? Well, I need Aunt Kim to tell my cousin something.

*****************
(I actually have a video of this one, but, as I've already fussed about, Blogger having issues with video. So you'll have to imagine it.)

Em, holding four graham cracker sections in front of her face like a fan: Well, ah do declah!

*****************
Gee, with a hat over one eye: Arghh, my hearties! Momma! Momma! I'm a PIRATE! Arghh!

4 comments:

  1. Ha! They got your sense of humor! Is it possible those are the same prim children I met at Mandy's wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee hee. They were a little abashed at all the people at Mandy's wedding. And probably scared from all my threats about good behavior. They are all very talkative kids--Zee spent all day today following me around, just talking about whatever came to mind. It was a little, um, over-concentrated, but I love that he wants to spend time with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to see you, too, LaDale!

    (In fact, I'm looking at you right now. It is very exciting!)

    Sorry. I couldn't resist. I love you tons and tons.

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.