So...number five is on her way. For the purposes of identification the fetus shall be known as "Ralph/ette" and referred to by feminine pronouns. Because I want a girl. Not that I won't be absolutely head-over-heels in love with a boy, but--let's face it, I would like another girl. My little girlie clothes need to be worn again, and after three boys, my little boy clothes are getting ragged. (Actually, since most of my boy clothes are hand-me-downs to start with, it's more like five/six boys have used these clothes!)
(And something else: This is the normal thing to say: "I want a girl (or boy, whichever), but as long as it's healthy, we'll be perfectly happy." I started to say this over Christmas, and then stopped. Even if "it" is not healthy, we'll still be perfectly happy. I would say that, even with Gee's medical problems, we're still perfectly happy. Not perfectly at ease at all times, but with children, that's what you get, right? So, yes, I want a girl. End of sentence.)
Ralph/ette is expected to arrive in late July, and I am expected to be past ready by Memorial Day. (Not that I want her to be preemie. I just really really REALLY hate being pregnant. Sometimes about the 40-week all-day nausea and seven month heartburn (really, yes, it already started, thanks), the exhaustion and crankiness and backaches and...ooops, sorry.)
Where was I?
Oh, yes. Anyway, midsummer is when the baby should appear, and we are all really excited. When we told the children, right before Christmas, they took it pretty much in stride.
Em: "What is the baby's name?"
Daddy: "Ralph, of course."
Em (plaintively, tears welling up in her eyes): "But I want it to be a GIRL!"
Daddy: "Oh. Then, Ralphette is the baby's name."
Em (smiling brightly): "O-KAY!"
At church the following Sunday Zee decided to announce "My mommy is having another baby!" to a few completely random people. One came up to Bradley, a little confused, and said, "I guess congratulations are in order? Or was Zee not supposed to tell?" Such is life with a six-year-old, I guess.
I've been feeling tired and horrible, so everything is perfectly normal here. Usually I feel better in month five and six, so two more months till the reprieve. Hopefully!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So I'm lurker, but this post mandates a response. Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. This is fantastic news.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Number 5 of ours is/was my favorite. Shhh...don't tell.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Lisa and Marianne! I know I will be very excited soon. (I'm just so tired all the time right now, I can't get excited about anything.)
ReplyDeleteWhat I am really hoping is that, because going from three to four was SO HARD, going from four to five will be easier. I hope.