Things that irritated me today:
- Getting billed for seeing specialists at clinic that I did not ask to see, and did not need to see. I don't want to pay 5 $25 co-pays to have a neurosurgeon ask me, slightly confused, "Why are we seeing you today?" I have no idea, I didn't request neurosurgery, we're just fine, thanks. Not to mention the occupational therapist and others...ARGH! Now I know: stand up for yourself, and risk hurting someone's feelings by saying, "Sorry, we don't need to see you today." Or maybe I'll make a sign that says, "This room only needs to see X and Y specialists today. I can't afford to make small talk with the rest of you. You're all the best, love and kisses, Gee's Mom."
- Advertisements in my kindergartener's backpack. The free tax help flyer provided by the state is okay, I guess, but the travel magazine all about family trips to Disneyland? Not cool, School District Dudes.
Things that made me happy today:
- Getting Gee's new DAFOs. They are so cute, with a strap design of a little puppy dog chasing a baseball. Two of Gee's favorite things--if they'd had one with a puppy, a ball, and a train, it would have been pure bliss.
- My sleepy little boy getting off the bus. I guess he nodded off during the ride home. When they transferred him to my arms, he snuggled right up and patted me on the back. Sweet boyo!
- The sun shining! I curled up on the floor in the family room in the patch of sunlight with my Hebs. We were like two little cats soaking up the sun. It was very peaceful until he head-butted me, with I supposed isn't unlike two kittens play-fighting. But it definitely ended the peaceful interlude.
- My first art lesson with Em. After Gee and Zee were at school, we put Hebs down for his nap and started our lesson. We read "Mouse Paint", Em colored "jars" of primary colors and secondary colors, and then we colored some pictures together. It was very fun and very sweet.
Oh, look! I have more positives than negatives today. What a relief!
Hi, about the egg allergy - my nephew is allergic to egg - I should have my sister send you a list of recipes for you.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear you had the flu - again - Neeve had something on the way home from AZ, but got over pretty quick.
We'll have to get together again. can you guys come over some time this week.
Liz
Your doing great. Keep up the positive. I need to take a page from your book. I like pros and cons.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Laurene! Sounds like you had a day yesterday yourself. Good luck with that whole "raising responsible children through consequences" gig. That's why I'm never going to have kids--nothing but trouble!
ReplyDeleteI would love a list of egg-free recipes, Liz! We're a little unclear on exactly what these allergies will mean long term right now, so all the info I can get will be great.
And we'd love love love to come over sometime this week. What do you think about Friday sometime? We've got other stuff the rest of the days.