My dishwasher isn't working. This is a tragedy.
Now, Keryn, you say, there are many tragedies in the world, but your stopped-up dishwasher is not one of them.
Well, I know that. Haven't you ever heard of hyperbole?
Oh. Sorry.
It's okay. So, back to my tragedy.
Oh, yes, your tragedy.
Hush. My dishwasher isn't working, and my kitchen is most decidedly not laid out for hand washing. The sink is on the short part of a capital letter "L", and the microwave is on the only counter space next to the sink.
Your microwave is next to the sink?
So? It's where the ONE plug in the kitchen (that isn't being used for oven/refrigerator) is. Not the point. The point is, there's no place to put clean OR dirty dishes. Unless you open up the (not working) dishwasher. But that gives you about six inches of clearance to stand by the sink. To wash the dishes.
You poor thing.
I'm not getting a lot of sympathy, am I?
Nope.
Darn. Well, I spent about forty minutes today hand washing dishes, and putting the clean ones to dry in the dishwasher. It worked, but it was a pain.
You're so brave.
Gee, thanks. The point is--I need to try to fix the dishwasher. Because I don't really want to have to scrape my shins along the dishwasher door twice a day, everyday, for twenty-plus minutes. So I'm actually going to take apart the bottom-thingie of the dishwasher and see if it is plugged up. Hopefully that will solve the problem, because that is something I can actually try to fix.
Hey, good luck!
Oh, now you care?
Well, now you're not whining.
Oh. Good point. Thanks!
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment