On Saturday morning, I was sitting in my living room chatting with my mother (who had come up for Mimi's baby blessing), when there was a knock at the door. Thinking it was one of the neighborhood kids looking for Zee and Em, I called out for the kids to open the door.
Naturally, there was a bit of a fuss over who got to actually open the door, and I walked over to arbitrate. So I was standing there when the door finally opened and...
...it was my sister LaDale!!!
I nearly had a heart attack.
She left school in Colorado Springs on Friday, drove to Grand Junction to spend the night, and then got up really early to drive the rest of the way to my house. All without letting me, my sister Telima, or my mother know.
It was the BEST surprise. The kids were thrilled, Telima, Mema, and I were thrilled, and baby Mimi got to meet her aunt LaDale.
She could only stay for two days, but it was totally worth it (at least for me!). What a great surprise for us all. Thanks, LaDale!

awww what a sweet surprise!
ReplyDelete