And now, twice a week, it is just Momma and the babies. This is the first time, since Gee was born, that I have had any regularly scheduled length of time with just two kids. Neither Zee nor Em went to preschool, so it wasn't until this year, with Zee in school full-time, Em in kindergarten, and Gee in preschool twice weekly, that I was down to only two. And it is amazing how EASY it feels.
(Of course, Mimi still sleeps a lot. So sometimes it's like I only have one. You should see the things I get accomplished!)
I remember how hard it seemed, after I had Em, to do anything with BOTH kids. Wrangling a toddler and an infant through the grocery store seemed like an Olympic feat. Even just hanging out with them around the house was occasionally difficult. I remember being in tears one day because my son needed me but the baby needed me and OH! What COULD I do?
(I won't mock my younger self too much. It was legitimately hard, especially since it was my first experience with two small beings that depended entirely upon me. And I imagine mothers of twelve children look at my frustrations with five in a sort of amused way.)
The point is this: Whether you have two, five, or ten children, take away a few for several hours a week, and it's BOUND to feel easier. And I am thoroughly enjoying it!

I was having one of those "it's so hard with two" days yesterday. lol I hope I'll be like you down the road looking back on it.
ReplyDelete