Friday, March 23, 2012

Dr. Boyo


Gee and I were back up at Primary Children's Hospital today, and while it wasn't a fun experience (as he grows he recognizes certain unpleasant experiences match up with certain rooms, and when we walked into the room today he stopped short and started to cry.  "I don't want to go in there!" he wailed.), it was an encouraging one--the medication he is on is helping his bladder expand, and other good stuff.

I love how patient everyone is at Primary--it took us ten minutes to convince him to let us do the procedure, and yet everyone in the room was encouraging, and compassionate, and relaxed.  Gee had so many compliments on his snazzy (and well-loved) scrubs: a surgeon walking down the hallway asked if Gee was ready to do surgery with him, and wished for a camera, assistants fussed and cooed, random people in the hallway smiled and commented, and several nurses called him their twin.  He just soaked it up.

He also received, as a good job gift, an awesomely perfect play toolbox.  It has a hammer, pliers, two screwdrivers, tape measure, piece of (plastic) wood, screws and nails to go into the wood, a saw...he is totally enamored with it.

I'm grateful that the hospital tries so hard to make unpleasant things as pleasant as possible.  They truly are a remarkable group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.