While I was growing up, my best friend (hey, Kristy!) would get sick with strep throat, at least once and usually twice a year. We spent a lot of time together, and yet I never got strep, not once. Nor did anyone in my family.
When I was college, said best friend was my roommate for three years. Sadly, she continued to get strep occasionally. I still never got it.
When I was engaged (less than a month before the wedding), I was very sick with a horrible sore throat and very high fever. Bradley drove me to the ER on a Sunday when my fever wouldn't go down. In the ER, they told me I probably one of two things: strep, or mono. We prayed for strep.
It was mono.
In the eight and a half years I've been a mom, I've never gotten strep. Neither have my children. Ever.
It is awesome.
Is it possible to be immune to strep? Have you ever had it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good question. All I know is that once you've had it you're more susceptible to it. Lucky you if you are immune to it! I wouldn't want mono either though...it almost seems worse.
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize you had mono then too! That's hilarious. I got mono right when we got married. They aren't joking when they say you get sick alot when you are first married. I definitely think some people are more susceptible to stuff than others. My kids very rarely get stomach flu, but I know some families that get it twice a year or more.
ReplyDeleteI cried and cried when they told me about the mono. It was horrid. I was so weak and tired more than a month--our honeymoon was go out and see a museum, come back to the hotel and Keryn crashes for a few hours. My wedding day, at least, was perfect--I had to take a nap, but other than that I felt awesome. It took me more than four months to be all the way better.
ReplyDeleteI didn't remember that you had mono when you go married, either! Crazy.