During a conversation about swimming lessons:
Zee: But what if all the oceans were gone? And there was only land? Then I wouldn't need swimming lessons.
Momma: Where would we get water, then, if all the oceans were gone?
Zee: We'd squeeze it out of watermelons!
Momma: (sputtering with laughter)
Zee: I'm not telling a joke, Mom! We would get it out of watermelons!
*******
Speaking of swimming lessons, today they let the Mommy & Me class go down the water slide. When they let us do this last week, Gee went down on my lap once, said he had fun, and then steadfastly refused to go down again. I certainly wasn't going to force him, so it was no big deal. Today, when I asked, he said "No" then "Yes". So we climbed the stairs to the top of the slide, and once we got up there he changed his mind. "No no no slide."
Okay. So we started to walk back down the stairs. Halfway down, he started crying about how he wanted the slide. Okay, let's try again. This time, as I started to step into the water at the top of the slide, he freaked out, "Nonononononono". So I got back out and we stood back to let others go. I asked again and he said, "No slide." We started back down the stairs and he started crying again. Sigh. This time I told him no, told him to settle down, and, once he did, we played in the shallow end for the rest of the lesson time.
Only now does it occur to me that he might have want to stay up at the top and watch everyone else go down. That's why he was so angry when I went down the stairs. Who knows, though. That boy has a mind of his own.
*******
Em is so funny in the pool. She refuses to put her face in the water, no matter what her teacher does. So when the teacher throws the little rings into the water and Em's class goes after them, there is Em, mincing daintily in the back. She leans over as far as she can, reaching blindly with the water up to her chin, to retrieve her ring. And then she prances back to her teacher. That girl is SO cute with her body.
*******
Zee has a fever. Or maybe he just got a little too much sun, but he's complaining about his stomach hurting. Oh, dear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ha Ha! Ezra is such a creative little thinker! Kids say the darndest things!
ReplyDelete