We never had a Dustbuster in our home while we were growing up, and that practically makes me weep for my poor mother. Six children and no Dustbuster! Life was harder in the olden days, I think we can all agree.
I got my first Dustbuster several years ago on Mother's Day or my birthday. (Some say you should never give appliances for birthday or anniversary gifts. I don't believe in that rubbish. Bring 'em, I say!) Of all my household appliances, I think I love my Dustbuster the most. (Well, besides the window a/c, the microwave, and, oh, I can't forget my refrigerator door water dispenser. I really love them too.)
That little machine is so convenient for just about everything--from the nasty spider lurking in the corner to the spilled Cheerios under the high chair. I've used it instead of sweeping, I've used it in the car (great idea: make a car-mountable Dustbuster that recharges when the car is on), I've used it to clear off the table of crumbs (I washed the table right after, I promise).
The true glory of the Dustbuster, however, is illustrated in this quote from Popular Mechanics:
I can remember afternoons spent "playing" with the Dustbuster on our carpeted stairs, having a fine time with my first power tool while my parents gently encouraged me to explore how it worked on all the stairs, in sequence, without overlooking the corners.I'm here to tell you that this totally works. My children sometimes fight over who gets to vacuum up the spilled Rice Krispies or Goldfish crackers. Gee, as I've already mentioned, adores all vacuums and will happily spend five minutes (or however long the battery lasts) vacuuming the same patch of carpet.
Children, doing chores. Even begging to do chores. It's a miracle, and it's all because of Dustbuster.
Thanks!
(Disclaimer: Black & Decker didn't ask me to write this post. Black & Decker doesn't know I exist, except that Bradley's good friend from high school once worked for Black & Decker. Except she worked in the power tools department. Anyway, I didn't get anything for writing this post. You should go buy a Dustbuster anyway, though, and then write to Black & Decker and tell them you bought it because of me. Maybe then I could become their spokesmodel!)


I love this ode! I think it is a great way to get kids started on vacuuming chores, like those pesky stairs, that I have to drag the vacuum up and down. This dust buster is perfect. You sold me!
ReplyDeleteMy younger sister coveted mine, too--everytime we used it when she came over, she'd sigh and wish for one of her own. She finally asked for one for her birthday, and is loving loving it.
ReplyDeleteMy mother (who bought my sister's Dustbuster for her) liked it so much that she went and bought one for herself. I am a Dustbuster Evangelical!
Do you think Santa can bring me one? I'll have to ask him!
ReplyDelete