Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Addendum to the Kitty Story

As we were driving away from the animal shelter, my sweet little Em was quietly crying in the back of the van. When I realized how heartbroken she was, I started looking for a place to pull over so I could comfort her. Before I could find a good spot, Zee started to talk.

"Don't be sad, Em. I'll pretend to be a cat for you, so you won't miss her. I'll do all the things that the kitty did--I'll meow and I'll hide and I'll jump into the playhouse and I'll crawl..." As he detailed all the thing he would do for her, so she wouldn't be sad, Em gradually stopped crying. She gave her cheeks one last wipe, sniffled, and said, "Thank you, Zee. I'm not crying anymore."

Yes, thank you Zee. Thanks for being so caring and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.