Friday, July 9, 2010

Clothing Armageddon

I spent the day immersed in clothes. It's brutal to be nesting in this heat, and this pregnant.

The children's clothing situation was getting out of hand--piles of outgrown clothes were stacked in at least three different places downstairs, and drawers were getting too full of too-small outfits. I didn't even know where the 18 months-to-2T boy clothes were, so Hebs has been wearing the same four outfits that still fit.

I feel like I just did this monstrous task, but looking back, it has been more than 8 months. Dang kids, always growing.

I found the next size up for Hebs, and I even dragged out all the school clothes I've been buying on sale for the past year, in preparation for this fall. Because I don't want the school/winter clothes in their drawers (my children will wear long sleeves in the summertime if that's what they grab when getting dressed), each kid has a neatly-labeled basket with school/winter clothes, in the right size. This way, I won't have to go through all the boxes again in just a few months.

I never did find very many newborn/0-3 month girl clothes. I wonder what I did with them. I have a few newborn clothes, tons of 3-18 month clothes, NO 18 month-2T clothes, and a ton of 3T and 4T clothes. I wonder what Em wore during those missing months, since I can't seem to find them!

(Actually, I think Telima has the 18 month-2T clothes. The newborn ones, though, I have no idea.)

Considering I had all four kids all day (no BYU summer school on Fridays), and it is wicked hot downstairs (especially since Hebs loves to play with fans, to the point where I can't have them on when he is around), we did pretty good today. But I am so glad that task is (pretty much) done.

5 comments:

  1. I'm impressed you have any 0-3 month clothes. Don't they out grow them in two weeks or something like that? Besides, are you telling me she's going to be wearing anything other then a series of onsies in this heat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except I have no onesis! It's crazy, I tell ya!

    Excuse to go shopping, though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll see what I have...if you're okay with used stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could lend you some 0-3 girls as well. Let me know if you want to go shopping in my bins...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are all so sweet! Thank you so much--my sister Telima is going to go lend me all her newborn girl clothes, so I think I'll be set. But I'll let you both know if I need some more!

    (Cynthia--I didn't buy a single piece of clothing for Zee until he was in 12-18 month sizes, simply because my sister and my sister-in-law GAVE me all their boy clothes. I LOVE used baby clothes, makes me feel so thrifty!)

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.