Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summertime Miscellany

Zee and Em get to explore BYU Campus every morning with Daddy, because their bus arrives on campus about 40 minutes before preschool starts. Then I pick them up when school is over at 10:50.

Last Thursday evening Bradley asked me if I had received anything from Zee after school that day. Evidently Zee and Em had "found" something for me, and were really excited to give it to me, but Zee had forgotten and left it in his cubby at school. So I promised to ask about it on Monday.

I was totally expecting a rock or some leaves (or an interesting bug body or something), but imagine my surprise yesterday when Zee handed me a new book:

Apparently there is a bargain book sale going on at the Bookstore, and the kids saw this book and KNEW I had to have it. So they bought it for me, and were SO excited to give me this book.

Zee: It's so you can learn even more about volcanoes, Momma!

I have some of the most amazingly thoughtful, generous kids ever.
_______________________

Gee says to me: "I love you, Mom!"
To which I reply: "I love you, too, Gee!"
Gee: "I love you because..."
Me: "Because why?"
Gee: "Because you are Keryn the Mom! And I am [Gee's full name]!"

Sounds good to me.
_______________________

Hebs is finally feeling better. He was actively sick on Saturday and Sunday, and then grumpy and cranky and MEAN on Monday and today, until he took a 3+ hour nap (!!!) today. Now he is wandering around doing normal, Hebs-type things: knocking things over, teasing siblings, and talking up a (far more polite) storm. Yay. Let's hope that's the end of it.

(Knock wood.)

It's been really, really hot here--meaning we hit triple digits this week and last. Now, all my friends still in Vegas and points south, I know that surpassing 100 degree F doesn't mean "really, really hot" to you, but you all have air conditioning in your homes, am I right? And most of you aren't 37+ weeks pregnant, correct?

So, yeah, it has been really, really hot here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.