Sunday, June 28, 2009

Making Friends

Posted by Picasa

Zee went to a birthday party on Saturday. Although he only knew a few of the kids there, my boy is a pretty sociable kid, and after a little warm-up time spent next to Momma, he was off and playing. There was a little boy there, though, who didn't know anyone except the birthday boy, and he was very shy and uncomfortable. After watching this little boy wander around the fence of the yard for a while, I suggested quietly to Zee that maybe that little boy needed a friend for a minute or two until he felt a little happier. Zee thought this over for a minute, asked me if the boy was shy, and agreed that maybe he needed somebody to talk to. He then hopped up and strolled over to the fence.

I don't know what they talked about, those two five-year-olds on the edge of the lawn, but as I watched, the shy boy started to smile a little, and talk a bit. Eventually the two of them made their way to the kiddie pool and the rest of the party, and it seemed like they had a pretty good time.

It was kinda fun to watch Zee try to help a little boy he didn't know. He won't remember this, but hopefully it's just another part of teaching my little heathens how to be compassionate people.

2 comments:

  1. I love this picture. It really tells the story.I am sure it is all sinking in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a story that belongs in "The Friend". You should submit it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.