Thursday, June 2, 2011

Crazy

Summer calendar--don't bother robbing our house while we are on vacation. There will always be someone here.

Today, as I carefully stapled an elaborate, colorful summer calendar to my wall, full of little activities we can do from home, every vacation and event recorded, I realized...I'm doing it again.

It seems that crazy obsessive Keryn has resurfaced.

I think I've mentioned on this blog the way I reacted during the time after we found out about Gee's disability, but before he was born. I cleaned, organized, decluttered, made homemade Christmas presents for every single person in my life (I kid you not), cooked many freezer meals, created elaborate coded calendars with colored markers...I went a little crazy. All that activity was something I could control, a hedge against the great unknown that was my unborn baby's life.

This upheaval in our lives is much smaller, and less "tragic", but apparently it still stresses me out. At least the cleaning and organizing and decluttering was very necessary this time, because we turned the family room into a bedroom. (Probably it wasn't strictly necessary to revamp all the kids' clothing, but it feels good to have that done.)

Anyhow, this is all to say that David and his children arrived on Monday evening, and it's been fun and crazy and hard and stressful and humorous all at once. And now my kiddos have three less cousins, and three more siblings. At least for the summer.

Sky, Eff, and Lala
(Yes, that's the best picture he would let me get. Nine-year-olds are funny.)

(Speaking of cousins, my children have 30 first cousins. I have 50 first cousins--and I can name them all, although a few I probably wouldn't recognize. My mom tried to figure out how many she had, but gave up. She thinks it is at least 65. And she knows most of them, too. How many do you have? And do you know them?)

1 comment:

  1. Crazy crazy crazy. Best of luck to David that things settle down quickly for him.

    As for cousins...I think it was 73 at last count (which was when My Big Fat Greek Wedding came out, so years ago), counting steps. And sadly, no, I don't know most of them. We've never lived close enough.

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.