One thing I love about digital cameras is that the film is totally free. I really enjoy taking pictures, but I'm not very talented at it. So I have to take lots of pictures, and hope for the best. (When I went to Hawaii for a month, I used something like 15 rolls of film. Out of those zillions of pictures, I got maybe 40 good ones, and only three or four REALLY good ones.)
We were at Mesa Verde for maybe eight hours total, over two days, and I took 128 pictures. But they were free! And I was pleased with more than a few of them. (And then I played with some of the fun effects in Picasa. I particularly like the sepia toned ones--they look like they might have been taken back in the 1880s, right?)

I want to go to Mesa Verde so bad. We went there when I was little and I loved it. I'll have to take the kids to that corner and see Arches too sometime.
ReplyDelete