
I stayed home from Stake Conference this morning because my little Yum Yum has been so sick. (She's had a high fever that doesn't seem to respond well to medicine, but the fever broke this afternoon, and I think she's on the mend. I'm waiting to see if she breaks out in a rash tomorrow, because I suspect she has roseola.)
Sad as it was to have such a sad little girl (especially since I got no sleep last night), it was nice to have two hours with only Yum Yum and Hebs. I spent most of the first hour holding the baby, but then she went down for a nap and Hebs and I could get to work.
We set up two thrones for the daddies, and put nice plates and cups on them. I braved the rain (Spanish Fork got 1.3 inches today!) and cut some of my columbines to decorate their dinner tray-tables. We made paper crowns, and decorated them with stick-on gems.
Then I started dinner. We had creamy almond chicken with rice (sooooooo yummy, and soooooo unhealthy, what with the two cups of heavy cream and all), green beans, and toasted french bread.
After conference, David and Bradley dropped the kids back at home and went to take care of the chairs that had been borrowed from other buildings in the stake. This gave me enough time to finish dinner, prep the "royal servants" (Sky, Eff, and Zee), and everyone to get really, really overexcited about yelling "Happy Father's Day" when the men returned.
It was a pretty fun dinner/lunch. (The kids were confused that I kept calling the meal "dinner", because it was only 1:30 in the afternoon.) Cleanup wasn't too bad, although rice is a very messy experience for my two-year-old. And then Bradley sent me downstairs for a nap--scandalous, I know, on Father's Day, but remember the sick baby!
I hope the daddies had a good day. We started it off with breakfast in "bed" (I'm not an early riser, so it was more like 8:00am before the waffles topped with whipped cream, strawberries, raspberries, and bananas were ready), and the kids have tried to help out a lot. Bradley wore the tie that Hebs made in nursery last week--it has stickers and foam animals and a giant picture of Hebs on the front of it. (So adorable!)
I'm lucky to have a such a wonderful father for my children. David's children are awfully blessed as well. I am grateful for George, my amazing and loving father-in-law. And I really miss my own daddy today.
Happy Father's Day, all!

No comments:
Post a Comment