Of course, the sans kids part means that somebody, somewhere, has to watch my munchkins. This year, the honor (heh heh heh) fell on David, since he is here and all.
I'll be honest, I was seriously concerned. First, Yum Yum has never been away from me for more than three hours at a time since she was born. Second--eight kids, five of them NOT yours, is a lot to deal with. In someone else's house, no less. I expected a frazzled David, a disastrous house, and crazy children.
Instead, when Bradley and I finally got home at 5:45 pm, the children were merrily playing, David was calmly loading the dishwasher, and dinner (!) was nearly ready. (And it wasn't even his night--and we had picked up pizza on the way home! Fortunately, the dinner he made will be great tomorrow night, too.)
I don't know how he did it, but my hat is off to him. Wow. Maybe I can hire him as my manny.

Let's be honest here. You can't afford the $2.52 million he requests for the first 3 years of work. I should know, I tried to get him myself. :)
ReplyDeleteBut he is SO worth it. I am sure!
ReplyDelete